Sunday, May 27, 2012

Week 1 in Site 19.3.12-25.3.12


So I pretty much hit the ground running during my first week.  I went to school and barely had my feet under me-there are 250 students to meet, learn names/personalities/etc.  And I have a relatively small school!  My counterpart is super on the ball, though, and we were planning on Monday already, which awesome :)  But it kind of makes me wonder why I'm here on some level.  Oh well, I'm sure it will all become clear in time.
At my new home, I unpacked and washed every article of clothing in my posession.  I did some pasear-ing (walking around and meeting people).  Thursday was the regional teachers' meeting, which was actually qutie enlightening.  I began to see the root of a lot fo the classroom management problems I have been observing.  Saturday, Yoli (my host sister) and I went to David (the nearby provincial capital).  We walked a lot and did some exploring.  I found my new favorite store: Arrocha.  It's essentially Walgreen's on steroids :)  And we went to El Rey (supermarket) to get stuff for curry and fruit salad.  I decided I will cook for them on Saturdays.  I'm excited about it.  It turned out pretty well and they enjoyed it. The kids were already asking what I would be making the next week.  Finally, 1 week after arriving to site, I got to go to mass.  It made my day.  It was good to be at mass and fun to see a bunch of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment