Sunday, May 27, 2012

Holy Week/Easter 1.4.12-8.4.12


Being in a Catholic country, Holy Week is a pretty big deal.  Palm Sunday was fun, but then of course I would say that-it's mass.  On Tuesday, peopel from church came into the school to talk about the meaning of Holy Week.  Wednesday was a half-day and Thursday and Friday were off.  On Thursday, I was going to do a pilgrimage-ish walk to El Angel with some of the teachers, but it was pouring rain and it scared me off. So I went to mass instead. It was alright, but it made me miss Holy Week at home.  Friday, I went to Potrerillos Arriba with Yova (my host mom) to see a passion re-enactment.  We had Eucharist and then sat around a little while waiting for it to start.  Finally, it did, and let me tell you: it was the most detailed rendering of the passion I think I have ever seen!  We stayed for 2.5 hours and Jesus had just been convicted; there was easily an hour left.  We walked most of the way back (an hour or so).  It was a good chance for me to get to know my host mom better.  Easter Vigil was good, but there were no Sacraments of Initiation, which was kind of disappointing.  Easter Sunday mass was in Rovira 5-10 minutes up the road (side note-there's another volunteer from the environmental project living there!), and that was really fun!  They had a guitar and it was really full and joyful; just like Easter should be :)  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment