Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pictures, etc.

These are just a few pictures in more or less chronological order.  I will be trying to go back through some posts and put some more pictures in the 'right' places, but I'm hoping these will tide you over for now?  I know I have been terrible about pictures.  I will try to be better.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Also, I unfortunately failed at my task of finding out my new address last weekend :( For those of you that I haven't told already, please be patient with it...Finding out the address requires figuring out where the nearest/most convenient post office is and going there and talking with them.  Also, I just got an e-mail from the Peace Corps that my first letters are just now arriving at the office there...?  However, I hadpackages sent later arrive sooner...?  Who knows.  I will keep you updated.
Love,
Ally


 
My host sister, Alison, from Santa Rita and the neighbor boy, Alvin

 Alison in her pollera (the traditional dresses here; only worn on special occasions)
 Alicia, Yuri, and Alison
 The school in Santa Rita where we had most of our PST (Pre-Service Training)
 The rio in Santa Rita
 The chino (tienda owned by chinese people...very common) where we bought snacks
every day of training, and pretty much every other day too.


 The volunteer´s house where I went in Veraguas.  The one I think I will be
renting is actually the same color...
 Yasy (the special ed. teacher), her husband and her son when they took me to Boquete.
 Yasy's daughter and me :) Also in Boquete.
 A great view of the mountains in the background...one of them is Volcán Baru,
I'm just not sure which one yet...
 My new host family's dog: WiFi (pronounced wee-fee in Spanish).
They named her that because she runs around so fast...haha
 My 7 y/o host brother in Potrerillos: Jhon.  I don't know why he chose that moment not to smile...
 My (newly) 13 y/o host sister Yolibeth.

Somehow both parents and the 18 y/o avoided being photographed
for the time being...we will have to change that.



1 comment:

  1. Good to know it takes almost 2 months for mail service :)

    ReplyDelete