Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Site Placement: 2/17/12!!


Today was a very exciting day: we found out the sites where we will be spending or 2 years of service!!!  Some people were nervous, but everyone was excited this morning when we got on the bus to go to Clayton.  It was cool because all the regional leaders were there to kind of welcome us to the province.
My site will be (drumroll please)…Potrerillos Abajo, Chiriquí.  It is about one hour north of David, the provincial capital.  It is also about an hour away from Volcán-the volcano you can hike to see both the Caribbean and the Pacific at the same time!! I’m super excited that it is in the foothills of the mountains, so presumably cooler that where I currently am (J).  My school has approximately 225 students and 1 English teacher.  The area has a mix of indigenous and Hispanic, so maybe I will even get the chance to pick up another language!
I think pretty much everyone was excited about their site-or at least excited to know where it is and a little about it.  Now all we have to do is wait 2 weeks to meet our counterpart (the person from the town with whom we will be working most closely), and to actually go and see it.  I for sure can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment