Tuesday, January 3, 2012

T-minus 5 days!

So five days out and I'm finally starting the blog I have been promising peole for at least 3 months.  I think I am finally in possession of everything I need; now it's just a matter of actually getting it all packed into bags and making sure I didn't forget anything.  Have I ever told you I hate packing?  Last week was full of cleaning out things I don't need so my parents can use my room for something else while I'm gone.  I also worked my last day at Walgreen's on Monday!

Everything the past week or so has been very bittersweet.  I am incredibly excited to finally be leaving.  I have been waiting for 6 months since I got my invitation, and 14 months since I submitted my application.  Talk about a long process!  However, it's sad to say goodbye to people for such a long time.  It's also hard to do when I'm so excited to go and constantly thinking of all the things I still have to do.  It's just hard to believe that it's finally here!

As for my itinerary, I will be leaving Monday morning from Des Moines and flying to Miami where we have staging until Wednesday when the 52 of us who will be training together will fly to Panama City.  After that, I will have 10 weeks of Spanish/Pedagogy training.  Then I will be off to my placement site.  I'm still not sure where that will be.  I will be doing homestay for the first six months in country (3 months of training and 3 months at my site).  My mailing address as a trainee will be:
John/Jane Doe (Peace Corps trainee)
Edificio 240 3er Piso, Calle Victor Iglesias
Ciudad del Saber, Clayton (Corregimiento Ancón)
PanamáRepublica de PANAMA

I am also hoping to be able to write letters back, so if I don't have your address already, feel free to send it in an e-mail or comment before the 11 (when I actually leave the country).  Also, if there are any last-minute questions you want answered, just ask.  I am so excited to go and work with the people of Panama, but also to share my experience with all of you!  I guess that's all I have for now.  I will hopefully be able to write again soon.

Peace,
Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment